The Vinyl SourceThis is the only rewire kit for SME 3009/3012 S2, detachable or fixed headshell, that rewire your beloved tonearm from head to the phono preamp with a single uninterrupted Litz wire!!!The cable is built with continuous Litz wires from the headshell till the RCA connectors, no joints in the middle, this assures the maximum quality with no losses of signal.The components used to manufacture this cable are all first quality:
- RCA connectors: made of solid brass and copper, all gold plated and with cord strain relief, the strict tolerance assure the perfect connection with your phono preamp.
- Shielding: Thickly braided tinned copper made with Mil specifications assure RF interference free.
- Wiring: British made 10 strands OFC Litz wires with pure silk insulation for strength, flexibility and perfect conductivity.
- Cable length: 1mt from the base of the tonearm to the RCA connectors, internal wiring 60 cm.Components are not enough to achieve excellence:
- Pseudo-differential wiring: Ensure the best ground return with maximisation of RF shielding, the cable can be easily modified into XLR connection.
- Hot and Cold wires are installed with strands twisting in the opposite direction to each other for minimising the cable inductance (below the 50 pH, we cannot exactly measure it because of our testing pieces of equipment that are not sensitive enough)
- Low capacitance configuration (around 60 pF for all the cable from the headshell to the connectors).This kit is suitable for all SME 3009/3012 Unimproved or improved with the SME 4 pins connector, either if the connector is mounted laterally or facing downward (long can early tonearms). Please be aware that the early SME SII (not improved) with aluminium wand have the wand dumped with a long piece of balsa, you have to strip the wand and pull the balsa out prior to install the rewiring kit.These cables are hand made in the UK and supplied with exhaustive installation instructions.If you don't feel confident of making the rewiring yourself, then we have a rewiring service, of course, you will have to send your tonearm to us.This listing is for the kit only, the tonearm is not included.
SME 3009/3012 REWIRE KIT extra low capacitance cable, full Litz wiring